Frequently Asked Questions
HWCT – Human Welfare Charitable Trust is a Charitable Organization Not For Profit Section 8 entity registered under Companies Act 2015. Company registered under section 12AA | 80 G of the Income Tax Act, 1961, Charity Commissioner Registration No: E – 3 2 8 5 2
To donate through www.human-welfare.org, browse different campaigns and then select “Donate Now” once you have found the cause you would like to support. If you have any query about your donation, please contact our team through email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +91-9819756020
It is important to make sure the items you are donating align with the actually needs. The best way to donate an item is to connect with us directly and find out what type of donations would be most helpful. Most of schools, hospitals and other organisations which need support typically have a “wish list”. If you visit our “Active Campaigns” section you will come to know of their needs and things required.
The percent of charity expenses that go to administrative and fundraising costs—commonly referred to as “overhead”—is a misinterpreted measure of a charity’s performance. That is not to say that overhead has no role in detecting fraud or gross mismanagement and shouldn’t be considered along with a range of other metrics. However, when you judge a nonprofit solely on this financial ratio, you are missing what really matters: a nonprofit’s impact. Instead, focus on true indicators of nonprofit performance: transparency, governance, leadership, and results.
Like it is said, a small amount goes a long way. Small donations make almost 90 to 95% of our entire donation collected. These small contributions that collectively add up to a large amount are needed to effect change. There are people all over the world who are worried about the situation of poor people, schools and who want to do something to change it. However, due to their own commitments and they are not able to go out and directly work with NGOs’. We give them the opportunity to help in whatever way they can. They can contribute their money, materials, time, or skills. Every individual’s contribution is important.
We accept donations only in Indian Rupees on the website. However, you can send us Cheques/ Demand Drafts in any currency. Donors residing in countries other than India can also donate via bank transfers. Please write to us at email@example.com for details on this. Please note that HWCT does not accept donations in cash.
To make a donation via bank wire transfer, use the information below. For both domestic and international transfers, please indicate in the notes field that this is a donation to the name of the project that you want to support.
Name: HUMAN WELFARE CHARITABLE TRUST
Bank Name: ICICI BANK
Account Number: 000405114122
IFS Code: ICIC0000004
Branch: 215 Nariman Point, Mumbai – 400 021.
THE CHEQUE / DD HAS TO BE IN THE FAVOUR OF “HUMAN WELFARE CHARITABLE TRUST”
* If surplus amount is received, the same will be passed creating facilities for the betterment of cancer patient.
* Please write the CAUSE name on reverse side of your cheque and also your PAN no in case donation is more than Rs.5000/-. The donor should give his/her full postal address and contact numbers if and, along with cheque /draft/cash to enable us to send the receipt of donation.
For Any further queries and suggestions kindly feel free to contact on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you made an online donation through our website, you will receive an email with a pdf receipt. In case you have not received the email in your inbox, then please check your spam folder once. If you still aren’t able to find your receipt then please email us on email@example.com with your name, email address and screenshot of transaction form your bank statement. Our team will validate and send a receipt within 2 working days.
Yes! When you donate online, you help us even more, as it is the most cost-efficient channel of collecting funds for our campaigns.
You can contribute by using your credit/ debit card online. Both Mastercard and Visa are accepted.
Donations to HWCT are exempt from 50% under section 80G of the Income Tax Act. Tax exemption is valid only in India.
We have learned that effecting long-term, sustainable change requires a holistic approach. Accomplishing this kind of change necessitates work at three levels:
• Direct action in the form of education, health care and skill development.
• Community mobilization towards achievement of goals.
• Advocacy with government bodies to influence policy framing and implementation.
Financial support and non-financial inputs in the form of organization development, capacity building and training is extended to:
• Individuals and projects working directly with local communities and government bodies
• Resource organisations that provide training, education material, etc. to smaller, younger initiatives in particular
Our selection process is based on the values of faith, transparency, partnership and answerability. Our team closely works with partners to understand their needs.
Not at all. It’s simple and safe method. Here’s what you have to do to make a donation online on www.human-welfare.org
• Decide the amount that you wish to donate towards any one of the causes.
• Confirm the amount
• Enter your name, contact and other details. Please double check before proceeding for payment
• Specify your mode of payment Choose between the Payment Gateway option and proceed
• Fill in your credit/debit card/Bank account details. You will get an immediate confirmation of your donation through an email with a donation number and instant receipt for your donation.
Absolutely. We adopt stringent security measures to ensure that critically sensitive information, such as your personal information and your credit/debit card details, are protected. These measures include the following:
• All your personal information is encrypted before it is transmitted over the Internet. This guarantees that your information is inaccessible to any third party.
• We use industry-standard SSL (Standard Sockets Layer) Encryption Technology for data encryption.
Certainly. While specifying the details of your donation, just mention that you wish to claim tax benefits. The tax exemption certificate will reach you within 45 working days.
We take the utmost care to process donations as per the instructions given by our donors, online and offline. However, in case of an unlikely event of an erroneous donation or if the donor would like to cancel his donation, we will respond to the donor within 7 working days of receiving a valid request for refund from the donor. The timely refund of the donation will depend upon the type of credit card/banking instrument used during the transaction. The donor will have to send HWCT a written request for a refund within 2 days of making the donation to official address firstname.lastname@example.org along with-
• Proof of the deduction of the donation amount.
• In cases where the donation receipt has already been issued to the donor, the donor will have to return the original receipt to us at our office addresses.
• If the tax exemption certificate is already issued, then we are sorry, but we will not be able to refund the donation. However, in case of a valid refund request due to any error on HWCT’s part, HWCT will refund the donation and bear the costs of the same.
We want you to be wildly, over-the-moon happy with your donation. If you’re not, let us know! HWCT promises donors complete satisfaction with every facet of the donation process. If you aren’t satisfied with your donation experience, we will provide money back as per our refund policy.