TRANSFORMING RURAL INDIA THROUGH
PROJECT POSHAN is our Health Education and Nutrition Planning Program that conducts Medical Camps all across rural geographies to detect early ailments in vulnerable rural children thereby saving human lives and nurtures future potential of the country. Through our Nutrition Planning Programs, we help children avail nutritious foods, live a better, healthy life and avoid further ailments due to mal-nutrition and fatalities.
Treatments and Guidance for the holistic well being of their students
Nutrition Guidance Programs are driven by the core objective of eradicating malnutrition, thus they require periodic and systematic monitoring of growth indicators by the stake holders. The Data Analysis Report from the health check-ups guides the field team to take immediate corrective measures for the children suffering from malnutrition. Medical camps are conducted by Medical Officers of Primary Health Centre and their paramedical staff on a pre-determined date.
We saved his future and shaped it too!
On 29 January Rajesh’s father Utpal Dutta lost his job due to recession. With no job in hand and an old, overaged mother suffering from colitis, their financial condition kept worsening day by day. On top of it he had the daunting task of paying Rs.30,000/- as school fees by 7 February 2020.
AND THIS IS WHERE HWCT INDIA LENT HIM A HELPING HAND BY COLLECTING RS.30,750/- BY ORGANISING A 40 DAY CAMPAIGN OF CROWD FUNDING AND ENABLING HIM PAY OFF HIS FEES IN TIME.
WHAT WE DO IN POSHAN
- Detect ailments in children early and refer them for further treatment under proper medical guidance.
- These camps undertake Blood Check, Blood Grouping, Dental Check, ENT Check, Anemia or Nutrition Evaluation of the children, followed by guidance of medical officer.
- Students who require specialised treatment are referred to higher medical institutions and such cases are treated at special counters in these institutions.
- Select students studying in higher classes are trained to work as Health Guides. These students identify children with health problems and bring it to the notice of the Teachers, Doctors and the visiting paramedical teams.
- School Health Card is printed and issued to every student mentioning his/her blood group, name, address and emergency contact number.
- Health Appraisal Registers with complete medical history of every student checked is maintained at local health facility for ready reference.